GID Development creates luxury residential developments and iconic mixed-use projects throughout the United States. GID Development was formed in 2007 and is involved in the development of $7 billion of projects that are either completed or in various stages of planning, design, or construction. GID’s projects are one-of-a-kind irreplaceable assets that combine high-quality design with a synergistic blend of residential, retail, restaurant, office, hotel, cultural, and public space offerings. GID’s development executives are a unique collection of experts in the fields of mixed-use development, planning, design, construction, marketing, leasing, and operations – creating a team that is experienced in all development disciplines and across all major property types.
A combination of visionary projects, global access to top-tier debt and equity capital sources, deep development expertise, and GID’s vertically integrated operating platform has positioned GID Development as one of the most active, capable, and well-capitalized development organizations in the United States.
GID’s projects are innovative build-to-core developments that are among the very best multifamily and mixed-use assets in the United States. Within their respective marketplaces, GID’s development projects are leaders in terms of quality, sophistication, rents, and valuations. GID’s award winning developments include projects such as:
The Sovereign – Houston, TX
- Luxury 21-story high-rise development consisting of 562,000 gross square feet with commanding views and a sophisticated blend of uses including 290 luxury apartment units and over 40,000 square feet of amenities with interior features such as multiple lounge and social spaces, demonstration kitchen and bar area, game lounge and bar area, private dining and catering kitchen, private screening room, fitness area and yoga room, and business center, and a vast array of outdoor spaces including private park area, event lawn, private resident gardens, outdoor fitness area, multiple outdoor lounge and social areas, and a resort style pool and spa.
Cirrus - Seattle, WA
- Winner of the 2016 NAIOP Luxury High-Rise Residential Project of the Year
- Luxury 41-story high-rise tower consisting of 525,000 gross sf featuring a blend of uses that include 355 apartment units, multiple retail and restaurant uses, 236 space garage, and best-in-class amenities including fitness room, yoga room, resident lounge, business center, demonstration kitchen, private dining, game lounge, private screening room, and outdoor terrace areas.
Stratus - Seattle, WA
- Winner of the 2018 NAIOP Luxury High-Rise Residential Project of the Year.
- Luxury 41-story high-rise tower consisting of 648,000 gross sf featuring a mix of uses including 396 apartment units, multiple retail and restaurant tenants, 234 space garage, and best-in-class amenities including fitness room, yoga room, resident lounge, business center, demonstration kitchen, private dining, game lounge, private screening room, and outdoor terrace areas.
Waterline Square - New York, NY
- Grand Winner of the 2020 High-Rise Project of the Year Award by Multifamily Executive
- Grand Winner of the 2019 Multifamily Pillars of the Industry Award for Best High-Rise Apartment Community by the National Association of Home Builders
- A world-class 2.2 million gross square feet, mixed-use waterfront project located along the Hudson River in the Upper West Side of Manhattan. This is an iconic and transformative project consisting of 1,131 condominium residences and rental apartments within three buildings designed by Richard Meier, Kohn Pederson Fox, and Rafael Vinoly. The development also includes an approximately 3-acre park surrounded by multiple restaurants and retailers including Cipriani’s only combined food hall, market, restaurant, and bar concept as well as James Beard award nominee Chef Alex Stupak’s Empellon. The development also contains over 100,000 square feet of unparalleled amenities contained within multiple venues throughout each of the three towers as well as the private members-only Waterline Club facility which is superior to any other amenity offering in the United States.
One Waterline Square – New York, NY
- Designed by Richard Meier, this 37-story luxury tower consists of 565,000 gross square feet and includes 56 luxury condominiums, 216 rental apartments, ground floor retail, 130 below grade parking spaces, and top-of-the-market amenity package.
Two Waterline Square – New York, NY
- Designed by Kohn Pederson Fox, this luxury development consists of a 38-story tower and 24-story tower encompassing 1.1 million gross square feet, 160 luxury condominiums, 485 rental apartments, retail and restaurants uses, 240 below grade parking spaces, and top-of-the-market amenity package.
Three Waterline Square – New York, NY
- Designed by Rafael Vinoly, this luxury development consists of a 33-story tower, 450,000 gross square feet, 214 rental apartments, retail and restaurant uses, 104 below grade parking spaces, and top-of-the-market amenity package.
The Waterline Club
- Grand Winner of the 2020 Multifamily Pillars of the Industry Award for Best Community Amenities – The Waterline Club by the National Association of Home Builders
- Winner of the Best of Year 2020 Award for Residential Amenities – The Waterline Club by Interior Design Magazine
- This exclusive members-only 100,000 square foot, 3-level facility creates a one-of-kind experience unlike any other amenity offering in the United States. This is a place that caters to a range of social, recreational, fitness, sports, wellness, cultural, and artistic aspirations. The Waterline Club includes numerous social lounge and bar areas, indoor tennis, full court basketball, indoor soccer, state-of-the-art fitness areas, Pilates studio, yoga studio, boxing and MMA studio, squash court, 30-foot rock climbing wall, indoor half-pipe and skate park, 25-meter swimming pool, salon and spa area, game lounge, bowling alley, golf simulator, card parlor, music and recording studio, audio visual studio, art studio, indoor greenhouse, business center, children’s adventure club, and a pet enrichment center.
Waterline Square Park – New York, NY
- Winner of the 2021 Big Apple Award for Best Open Greenspace
- This approximately 3-acre park forms the heart of a new neighborhood within New York City and creates a world-class public realm that anchors the 2.2 million square foot Waterline Square development project. This space is significantly more than just a typical park and serves as a unifying force for a new mixed-use community. This one-of-kind recreational and entertainment greenspace features a variety of cascading waterfalls, signature interactive fountain, innovative playground, a multitude of unique landscaped relaxation zones, surrounding retail and restaurant uses, and a large event lawn and stage area that is actively programmed and energized throughout the year with numerous activities and experiences encompassing music, film, wellness, fitness, and social events. Waterline Square Park serves as an essential ingredient in creating a sense-of-place.
Regent Square - Houston, TX
- This 24-acre mixed-use development includes approximately 4 million gross square feet, 2,000 residential units, 250,000 sf of office, 400,000 sf of retail, 4,200 parking spaces, and new public spaces. Consisting of multiple buildings, city blocks, and construction phases, Regent Square is envisioned as Houston’s premier mixed-use development and its first truly pedestrian oriented walkable city district. The project is characterized by a vibrant mix of uses, world-class public spaces, exceptional architecture, social interaction, and sustainable development. Phase 1 is complete, Phase 2 is under construction, and Phase 3 is currently under design with an anticipated groundbreaking in 2022.
High Street - Atlanta, GA
- This 36-acre mixed-use development includes approximately 7 million gross sf, 3,000 residential units, 600,000 square feet of office, 400,000 square feet of retail, 400 hotel rooms, 8,000 parking spaces, new streets, parks, and infrastructure. High Street is a large and transformative multi-phase development spanning multiple city blocks and consisting of numerous buildings and asset classes within a framework of outstanding urban planning and architecture. The development thoughtfully embraces a pedestrian-friendly street grid and one-of-a-kind public spaces to create a sophisticated blend of commerce, culture, and community. The master plan is fully entitled, Phase 1 is fully designed, and groundbreaking is targeted for 2021.
James E. Linsley
Executive Vice President and President, GID Development
John F. Gagnier
Chief Operating Officer, Development
Senior Vice President, Director of Design
Senior Vice President, Director of Construction
Senior Vice President, Director of Design
Ian W. Ward
Senior Vice President, Development
Vice President, Development