GID is a vertically-integrated real estate developer, investor and operator. It is not only the foundation of who we are; it is the future of who we are. GID’s commitment to the multifamily sector spans 6 decades and the company has the resources to sustain strong, stable growth for decades more. Since our formation in 1960, our various businesses have stood on the same, simple principles of quality, service, and integrity. People are the root of GID’s success, enabling the firm to deliver quality results to our investment partners. Some of GID’s highlights include:
- Over our 60-year history, we have developed or acquired over 80,000 residential units and 16.8 million square feet of commercial space. These properties consist of a wide spectrum of real estate categories including multifamily rental properties, industrial, for-sale condominiums, retail, office, hotel, and parking uses.
- We have divisions specializing in development, acquisitions, real estate funds, portfolio and asset management, and property management.
- Our current initiatives are focused primarily on multifamily, industrial, mixed-use, for-sale condominium, and retail projects. We are an active buyer and developer of these types of real estate on behalf of our institutional co-investment partners and for our own account.
- Our combined companies’ portfolio consists of 104 multifamily properties totaling 30,056 apartment homes (including 848,342 square feet of office and retail space) located in 13 states, along with 2.7 million square fee of industrial space. In addition, we have under active development 19 multifamily properties totaling 5,684 apartment homes located in 9 states and 2 industrial developments with 727,137 square feet. We also own 490,085 square feet of office space in three buildings.
- We operate nationwide from ten offices located in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Washington, DC; Atlanta, GA; Houston, TX; Denver, CO; San Francisco, CA; and Los Angeles, CA.
- We employ over 900 real estate professionals throughout the United States.