The General Investment & Development Companies (“GID”) are diversified investment companies with the resources to sustain strong, stable growth well into the 21st century.
- Since our formation in 1960, we’ve built our various businesses on sustainable quality and service.
- Over our 57-year history, we have developed or acquired over 73,000 residential units and 16 million square feet of commercial space. These properties consist of a wide spectrum of real estate categories including multifamily rental properties, for-sale condominiums, retail, office, hotel, industrial, and parking uses.
- We have divisions specializing in development, acquisitions, real estate funds, international real estate investing, hedge funds, portfolio and asset management, and property management.
- Our current initiatives are focused primarily on multifamily (both domestic and international), mixed-use, for-sale condominium, retail, office and hotel projects. We are an active buyer and/or developer of these types of real estate on behalf of our institutional co-investment partners and for our own account.
- Our combined companies’ portfolio consists of 81 multifamily properties totaling 22,682 apartment homes (including 642,531 square feet of commercial and retail space) located in 13 states. In addition, we have under active development 17 multifamily properties totaling 5,289 apartment homes located in ten states. We also own 2.7 million square feet of industrial space in seven business parks and 490,085 square feet of office space in three buildings located in three states. Through our International business we have 3 million square feet of residential construction underway (representing approximately 1,800 multifamily units) with direct and joint venture investments in Brazil and India.
- We invest in public equity securities through our hedge fund management affiliate, Monashee Investment Management LLC.
- We operate nationwide from eight offices located in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Washington, DC; San Francisco, CA; Orange County, CA; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; and Waltham, MA.
- We employ over 650 real estate professionals throughout the United States.